What Insurance Cover do you offer?
Some orders* include $500 of FREE Insurance Cover under our 'Standard Cover' policy, OR $0 of Insurance Cover included with our 'Enhanced Cover' policy.
[ * excludes orders which state "-no insurance"]
The choice of cover can be select during the checkout process, it is important that you read our Dangerous Goods: Prohibited and Restricted items listing to make sure you have adequate cover for your shipment, as our policies might not be suitable for your particular needs, nor cover your goods. In the event that our cover is not adequate for your needs we would request you to seek alternative cover or advice prior to shipment.
Under both policies you can choose to increase the amount of Insurance Cover up to $10k (if required) in payment of additional premium, full details and pricing will be detailed during the checkout process.
Both 'Standard Cover' and 'Enhanced Cover' are subject to a $50 excess deduction in the event of a claim
How do I make an Insurance Claim?
The first step is to tell us about the matter immediately - no claims will be permitted after 7 days from the date of delivery.
IMPORTANT: For damaged goods, you must make a note on your delivery documentation at the time of delivery then contact 03 8679 4533 for further assistance.
- This means you MUST ONLY SIGN with the driver that the goods were 'delivered damaged', and you MUST NOT SIGN 'received in good condition'.
- If you do not have time to check, you must sign the docket 'subject to checking'.
If you would like to make a claim, we will send you a claim form to return to us along with any relevant supporting documents as required by us and our insurers to make a decision.
The completed claims form along with the requested evidence must be returned to Parcel2Courier within 10 days from date of receipt by uploading to our Insurance Claims Portal, full details will be sent at the time of making a claim.
Supporting documents will be requested from you to validate your claim, which may include photographs, independent quotes, invoices to support your valuation of the goods, repairers' invoices etc.
Depending on the value of the consignment and circumstances, couriers may require an assessment by its own investigators prior to the acceptance of any claim, so you must ensure that damaged freight or packaging is not disposed of or repaired until advised.
In most cases, however, approved claims will be paid within 28 days of the claim form being lodged. Please note that all claims will be subject to a $50 excess deduction.
- Any orders which state "-no insurance"
- IMPORTANT: The external and internal packaging of goods is fully the sender's responsibility. Due care must be taken as incorrect packaging may void any claim in the event that the goods are damaged. Evidence of packaging will be requested.
- Insurance is only for physical loss or damage. There is no liability for any form of consequential loss.
- If 'Authority to Leave' has been given to a shipment, there is no cover for loss nor damage after delivery.
- If any shipping labels are used other than the shipping labels containing the connote numbers as provided by Parcel2Courier.com as part of the checkout process, then any Insurance will not apply to the shipment (even if insurance was purchased).
- Insurance does not include failure to deliver the goods, or damage to the goods caused by mechanical derangement or latent defect.
- Insurance will not be valid if any items appear on the Prohibited or Restricted items list, and subject to which cover (Standard or Enhanced) was selected and paid for during the checkout process.
Please click on the links below to review the insurance. Please seek professional advice or alternative insurance cover if you feel the insurance cover as provided by Parcel2Courier might not suit your requirements or needs.